Saturday, December 1, 2012

Non-traditional Christmas


So is everyone out there scrambling to get Christmas cards done??
I always tell myself I'm gonna start making them in July so I don't feel so rushed in
December, but what happens to me EVERY year?  I feel rushed!!  But it's
okay, somehow it'll all come together in the end.  Even if I have to buy
a few store bought ones! LOL!

  Well I absolutely love non traditional Christmas colors so
today I have "Winter Marci" from La-La Land Crafts in a gorgeous
purple hue.  I love purple and blues together so I thought I would try
this combo out on a winter card.








The papers and the seam binding ribbon are from my stash.  I really like
the multicolored chevron paper.  It has a Missoni look to it and feels like it
should be on a sweater.  Hehe.The crochet lace is Melissa Frances and I just love it!! 
I ended up buying it in all the pastel colors she had.  The cute
 little purple clip holding the sentiment and the snowflake brad are
from Michaels.  The charm was purchased off Etsy.

Other products I used:
Spellbinders Floral Ovals
MS: pine punch
Flowers: WOC and Prima
 sentiment: LOTV

This is another one of those images that I colored over a year
ago when I was first learning to use my copics but is
just now being used on a project.  I know the purples were colored
with V91, V93, V95, and V99.  The rest of colors I didn't write down.

Challenges I would like to enter:

karensdoodlesnetherlandschallenge.blogspot.com: non traditional Christmas colors

16 comments:

  1. This is my favorite purple combination with the Copics. Love the card! Thanks for joining us at the Unique Crafters Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Your card is STUNNING! Love all the beautiful details - ribbon treatment, sentiment attachment, image (colored beautifully!), color scheme, flowers. Awesome!!!

    Thank you for participating in the ABC Challenges Anything Goes Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning. I love the cute image, your colouring is wonderful and the papers and details are gorgeous.

    Thank you for taking part in the Fab n Funky Challenge this week

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh!!! This is gorgeous!! Have you shared with Irina on La-La Land Crafts? I hope so, she'd swoon!!! :) Love all the gorgeous details and the accents are lovely. I have projects here, and there actually everywhere and most of them are incomplete! hahaha!! thanks for sharing the colors, if you colored her a year ago you have an awesome memory!hahaha!!
    Thank you so much for joining our Yumi & Fumi Handmade November challenge!!
    Hugs,
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card. You really rocked Marci. She is adorable in her lavendar outfit. Your bow really sets it off.

    Thanks for joining in our challenge at Crafts 4 Eternity.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this card looks absolutely adorable - so beautifully put together! Love the image, beautifully colored, and the chevron paper and ribbon are other favorite details of mine... Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful! Love your soft non-traditional colors and the bow and other embellishments are amazing! Thanks for joining us this week at 'ABC' Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely christmas card in those non-traditional colours.
    Thanks for joining us at EKEF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this beautiful card, the immage and the way you colord here! THNX for joining us at EKEF this week!
    Mieke

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is just perfect, love the non traditional Christmas colors too! Such amazing details on your card! Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning! I love your take on non-traditional colors. And, your coloring is so beautiful. I could go on and on about this card! Just perfect! Thanks for joining us at Unique Crafters Challenge and good luck!
    Hugs and sunshine,
    Cissy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous, love the colours...Thanks for joining in with our 3rd birthday celebrations at Fab'n'Funky and good luck.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely job on this cutie! Love that adorable bow! Thank you for joining us at CMC
    Hugs
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautifully done! The colours are gorgeous as is your colouring of the image! Thank you for joining us in our Birthday Celebration this week at Fab'n'Funky!

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful card love the colours and vintage feel thanks so much for joining us at crafts & me this week
    hugs sara x x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful. The muted colors make a stunning card. The image is enchanting. Thanks for sharing ypur beautiful card with us.
    Hugz,
    Christine Dt At Delightful Challenges

    ReplyDelete