Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Red Cups Are Back!!

Everyone who knows me knows how much I love Starbucks.  I can truly say I'm addicted.   I love the aroma, the taste, the warmth. I love the feeling I get when I walk into a Starbucks and I know I'm going to leave with my cuppa Joe.  And I especially love the Christmas red cups!



Oh and I love my Bucks app too.  I love not needing my wallet or cash to get my cup.  All I need is my phone.  And I always have my phone. Only trouble with that is I tend to buy more than just my coffee when using my app.  It feels like I'm getting something for free so those salted caramel cake pops and bistro boxes always seem to leave with me too!!

Well the other thing people who know me knows is that I absolutely L-O-V-E eggnog!!   I mean I'm a total FREAK about it.  Seriously. I gain like 7 lbs. every year during nog season because I have it every single day.  Again.  Seriously.   I will make everything I can with nog during the season.  Nog cookies, cake, cream puffs, popcorn. You name it.  I'd try it with egg nog!  NO joke!

Sooooooo,  the relationship between the two things that people know about me is that the Red cups are back at Starbucks and that means EGGNOG LATTES!!   I will have one almost daily from November 1 to January 1.  Red cups also mean all the yummy holiday flavors are
back.  Which one is your favorite??  Peppermint mocha, creme brulee, gingerbread, eggnog??   The website even had a countdown to when the red cups were going to back this year!  So clearly more people than just me are excited about it!

Well finally onto my card.  I wanted to give a Starbucks giftcard to a special person for Christmas and I wanted it to be super cute so here it is!



This is a Sugar Nellie Simply Sassy stamp called Luv a Latte. I printed out a small red cup so she can enjoy her holiday latte also!!  




The snowflakes are MS punches and smothered in glitter.  The oval is Spellbinders and then woven with Christmas "Joy"  ribbon.  The XL scallop square is also Spellbinders.

Inside the card...





I cut one of the holiday red sample cups and used it to hold my giftcard.  I hope she loves it!!
And lastly, the back of the card...


Challenges I would like to enter:


sugarbowlblog.blogspot.com: sketch with an optional color palette
platypuscreekdigitals.blogspot.com: Christmas red & white
craftuscrazy.blogspot.com: favorite color and/or holiday theme
craftybloggersnetwork.blogspot.com: Christmas anything goes
whimsyinspires.blogspot.com: traditional Christmas colors

16 comments:

  1. Love the idea behind this...and the card, of course.

    Thanks for joining us over at the Kraftyhands' Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Angie, this did make me giggle. I feel the same way about eggnog. Love your card and I'm sure your friend is going to too. Very clever use of the cup.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, love how you have used the ribbon around the edge of the nestie, great image.
    Glad you joined in the Kraftyhands challenge.
    Maggie (KH design team)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, found my way here via The Sugar Bowl challenge, hope you don't mind. What a fab card, love the Starbucks she's holding in the image and how you've incorporated the large cup to hold the gift card, genious idea. Take care, Ann-Marie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is very creative...love what you have done with the cup!!

    Thanks for joining us at The Sugar Bowl.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, what a brilliant idea! Thanks for joining us at Kraftyhands - hope you'll join us again next month!
    Mandy x (Kraftyhands DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unusual card, brilliant.
    Thanks for joining us at Kraftyhands Challenge.
    Laura. Kraftyhands DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous Idea! love the whole concept!
    Thanks for joining in at the Krafty Hands Challenge Blog, Dont forget if you use something thats on sale on the Krafty Hands shop, you have the chance of £20 from the boys to spend,
    xx

    Lou

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful card! original idea! I like a lot of! thanks for playing with SGC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely card, so many fun elements.

    Thank you for joining us at Whimsy this month for our Traditional Christmas Colors Challenge.

    Tracy
    Digital Design Team.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome card! Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls Challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty card, love the image and the inside is fab too, thanks for joining us over at the CBN Challenge this month
    Hugs
    Ang
    Crafty Bloggers Network DT
    My Blog: A Crafty Blether

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely image and papers. Thankyou for joining us at Crafty Bloggers Network.
    Geraldine M
    CBN DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there, I've just popped over from Krista's blog - your creations are amazing! So very creative. I love the whole concept of this card - beautifully done and a fantastic gift idea! Hugs, Tracey http://candicraftcards.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, love it! I am excited too that the 'red cups' are back! Yummy flavors. question: where did you get your personalized stamp - I would to have one of my own? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohhhh, so cute! Thanks for participating in the PLATYPUS CREEK challenge.
    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete